Saturday, October 22, 2011

happy weekend



The sun is finally shining, and all of my girls are happily going about their day.

 Yesterday, we had a few school conferences. They went really well. The highlight, involved the girls bringing Rosie along to meet their various teachers. She spoke a little pidgin French to Madame, drew a few pictures for the art teacher, and brought down the house singing 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' dancing 'interpretively', accompanied by the chorus teacher on piano.  'Why do we have to go, I was just starting to have fun?' she wanted to know. And here I thought she was shy...

Tonight, we've a fun party to attend. A sweet neighbor of ours in turning ninety. He's amazing. Not only does he walk almost ten miles a day, he still works full time, and is charm personified. I'm certain if life were a race, he'd be the winner.

Wishing you the happiest of weekends, my friends.


11 comments:

Kim K. said...

Sounds like a perfect Saturday awaits your family.

Becky~ said...

Oh lovely times.Enjoy!

It's me said...

How nice !! enjoy yor weekend darling.....love love love Ria...xxx..

My Vintage Mending said...

Beautiful quote. One to think on and of often. Enjoy your wonderful party with the wise fellow and thank you lucky girls for their wonderful conferences. Ours are next week! Smiles..Renee

Elyse said...

sweet and inspiring stories, my friend!

happy weekend to you, too!

xo
elyse

notes of sincerity said...

What a beautiful saying. :0)
And such a fun party to attend.
Hugs. Trish

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

That quote is beautiful, dear Molly. I must learn it by heart. Have another sun shining and happy day, it is Sunday, have a very lovely one my friend.
Happy hugs xoxoxo Our sun is shining too and I have planned on working with my bulbs ;) xx

Jorgelina said...

Happy weekend to you too!

C'est moi Claudette said...

Hi Molly
LOVE the quote, but your 90 yr. old neighbour sounds like my mom. She just passed away a couple weeks ago at 92. She was our energy bunny too. I miss her so so much.
Have a grand time.
xoxoxox

polkadotpeticoat said...

Love your beaded flowers......and I have school conferences this Thursday.

Pinecone said...

Rosie sounds like a little hoot!!

Glad you had a great weekend!
xo Ashlyn